On this page I will declare things I believe readers should know about me, as writer of the content on this site.
- There are some things I cannot tell you
- I am a former employee of McKinsey and Company. When I left I agreed that I would not publish information that is not available to the public. Many of the topics I write about here were the subject of work for large media companies in the U.K. and U.S. One of the things I cannot tell you is who I worked for at McKinsey. This means I sometimes can't even tell you I am relying on fact that I have not shared!
- I now consult for large media organisations, amongst other activities. I do not generally expect the same restrictions that McKinsey applies, but there are still things I cannot share that I learn while working for clients.
- I reserve the right to publish what you tell me
- Unless we agree otherwise, I may publish parts of our conversations on this site. Often it is difficult to work out where an idea came from. I'll credit people wherever I realise they should be credited, but these things are never perfect.
- I will declare anything I receive as a result of writing here
- Dinner and drinks for Mirona and I in Bucharest on June 12th 2007, provided by the organisers on Idea Forum, at which i spoke.